We had assisted a significant number of overseas and international corporations on investment in various industries in the PRC and participated in the negotiation processes. As a result, we have accumulated substantial in-depth experience in this area of practice.
Our scope of services in this practice area mainly include:
● introducing to our clients the PRC legal environment, particularly its laws and regulations relating to foreign investment; assisting them in the selection of suitable locations for their target investment projects and appropriate business partners;
● assisting clients in liaising and negotiating with local business partners and relevant government bodies of the PRC;
● assisting clients to prepare investment plans and legal framework documentation relating to their investments;
● conducting legal due diligence;
● preparing and reviewing transaction documents both in Chinese and English, such as letter of intent, joint venture agreement, articles of association, technology transfer agreement, trademark agreement and other documents;
● advising clients on capital restructuring in respect of joint venture projects;
● advising clients on listing through reorganizing their businesses in the PRC;
● advising clients on mergers and acquisitions of businesses and assets of FIEs;
● assisting foreign-owned enterprises in expanding their businesses in the PRC and assisting PRC corporations in developing overseas markets through issuance of bonds and shares and other investment vehicles; and
● providing on-going legal services to foreign-owned enterprises.
Our lawyers have experience to handle projects involving the following sectors: dairy products, beverages, frozen foods, mineral water, building materials, toll roads, power plants, property and hotel development and golf course development.