We have substantial hands-on experience in assisting various PRC and Hong Kong corporations to list on the Main Board or GEM of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and to raise funds in capital markets. Our capital markets practice is one of our core practices and we are prominent in this regard. We act as legal advisers for companies and sponsors and advise on Hong Kong and overseas listings and refinancing projects. We have advised a significant number of state-owned enterprises, domestic enterprises from the PRC, onshore and offshore funds on restructuring matters related to IPO in Hong Kong and overseas. In 2008, we were awarded “Deal of the Year- Capital Markets” by the China Law & Practice.
Given our hands-on experience in dealing with matters related to Hong Kong Listing Rules, The Codes on Takeovers and Mergers and Share Repurchase, Securities and Futures Ordinance and Companies Ordinance, we are able to provide effective assistance for listed or pre-listing corporate clients with regard to various discloseable or connected transactions and other complicated issues. This enables us to maintain a stable and long-term relationship with each of our listed corporate clients, and obtain their constant support.
Our scope of services in this practice area mainly include:
● devising restructuring or reorganization plans in respect of Red-Chip listing, H-Shares listings and reverse takeovers;
● preparing timetables for project financing and IPO;
● conducting legal due diligence;
● drafting and reviewing restructuring agreements, project financing agreements as well as memorandum and articles of association;
● advising clients on placing, rights issue and other types of share issuance;
● providing legal advice on listed companies’ discloseable transactions and connected transactions;
● preparing documents in relation to employees stock option schemes;
● advising clients on group restructuring, company redomicile, reduction of capital and repurchase of shares;
● conducting underwriting work in relation to IPO and placing;
● submitting listing enquires to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Securities and Futures Commission and other authorities; and
● assisting the preparation of proposals for mergers and acquisitions.