- October 17, 2020
- Posted by: admina
- Category: HK Legal updates
Hong Kong e-Legislation (HKeL) is an official electronic database of the statute laws of Hong Kong established and updated by the Department of Justice (DOJ). HKeL will ultimately contain verified copies (within the meaning of the Legislation Publication Ordinance (Cap. 614)) of all Hong Kong legislation. DOJ is now verifying legislation progressively, with priority given to commonly used and newly-enacted legislation.
1. Consolidated statute laws of Hong Kong in English and Chinese
● All Ordinances and subsidiary legislation that are currently in operation
● Past versions of Ordinances and subsidiary legislationdating back to 30 June 1997 (including repealed Ordinances and subsidiary legislation)
2. Constitutional instruments and other relevant instruments
● Consolidated statute laws of Hong Kong inthe constitution of the People’s Republic of China, the Basic Law of the HKSAR, relevant decisions of the National People’s Congress, relevant decisions, explanations and interpretation of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress, etc.
● national laws that apply in the HKSAR
● Rules of Procedures of the Legislative Council of the HKSAR English and Chinese
3. Indices of Ordinances, including chapter number index,chronological table of ordinances, Chinese and English subject index of Ordinances.
Gazette Electronic copies of Gazette Legal Supplements No. 1 (Ordinances), No.2 (Subsidiary Legislation), No.3 (Bills) and Supplement No. 6 (Private Bills only) published since 2000 are available for information.
5. Editorial Records
Editorial Records published under section 2B of the Laws (Loose-leaf Publication) Ordinance 1990 (51 of 1990) and section 15 of the Legislation Publication Ordinance (Cap. 614).
6. Useful Information, such as Legal Terms and publications by the Law Drafting Division
Click on the Hong Kong e-Legislation to visit the website.